10 Trends to get ahead in the game this Summer!
Our 10 tips and trends to look out for this Summer.
White. We all know it's a colour that helps to keep you cool in the summer but now it's in style too! Wear it boldly, head-to-toe (including the shoes) and accentuate with a coloured accessory such as a bright belt or handkerchief.
- Last season it was big squares, now its big stripes! Ask about our made to measure shirts designed to your specification, stripes included!
- Out of all the prints that have come around this summer season, floral is the big one! Like the stripe pattern above, we can tailor any shirt, tie or suit to your floral specification. And, if you're not bold enough to go the full "Hawaiian" we can put prints on just the inside collar or cuffs for that relaxed look.
- After season upon season of those slim, fitted shirt looks, the designers have let it all hang out this summer with loose fitting tunics. Pull off this look under close cut tailoring with just a hint of the tunics hem sticking out.
- 1940's and '50s American influences are making a big noise this season and whilst Papa's Tailoring may be firmly British and proud, it is fun to play around with collar styles.
- Whilst it may be summer here in the UK we're still very north of the equator, so sometimes a summer coat is still needed. This summer if the British weather does call for a coat then it's a thin-belted trench coat you want to reach for. Wear it so the bottom of the coat sits between ankle and knee and be BOLD, get it in an ultra bright colour!
- Leather is really in this summer and whilst leather t-shirts are probably best left as couture concepts, Papa's Tailoring stocks a wide range of leather goods, wallets, bags and holdalls from style houses Rowallan and the beautiful English made Hype luggage.
- A slim fitting, grey, cotton suit should always be a man's "go-to" when it comes to summer tailoring and whatever (ahem) shade of grey you're after, we can source it for you.
- It's a very stylish sort of man that can coordinate his wardrobe to his drinks and with the influx of men's pink clothing this summer one can now claim that the after work glass of Pinot Blush not only tastes great but looks it too! (this also applies equally well with matching your partners gin and pink grapefruit cocktail!)
- Lastly, everything in fashion is cyclical. Remember those army-fatigue cargo trousers you bought back in the late 90s? Well, if you can still fit into them then dig them out-they're back in fashion! And, if you can't fit into them then bring them into Papa's Tailoring and we can alter them for you so that they fit again.